- "Assessing Peace and Conflict Studies Theory and Practice in Reconciling Agency and Structural Sources of Severe Sociopolitical Polarization." Routledge Companion to Peace and Conflict Studies. Ed. by Sean Byrne, Jessica Senehe, Thomas Matyok, and Imani Michelle Scott, London: Routledge, August 2019. With Marie Olson Lounsbery.
- "Weapons of War, Weapons of Peace: DDR Processes in Peacemaking." International Peacekeeping, With Andrea Talentino. In press, 2019.
- "Civilian Victimization and International Military Intervention in Civil Wars." Journal of Human Rights, vol. 8, no. 2, 2019: 201-214. With Marie Olson Lounsbery.
- Arab Approaches to Conflict Resolution: Mediation, Negotiation and the Settlement of Political Disputes. With Nahla Hamdan. Revised Edition, published in Arabic, Beirut: Centre for Arab Unity Studies, 2018.
- "Crossing Currents: Gorovodu and Yewevodu in Contemporary Togo", in Spirit Service in Global Vodu(n), (Chapter 10), Indiana University Press, Edited by Montgomery, Vannier, and Landry, Forthcoming, 2019.
- "The Past in Present: Slavery, Personhood, and Mimesis in Ewe Gorovodu and Mama Tchamba," in Shackled Sentiments: Spirits, Slaves, and Memory in the African Diaspora. (Chapter 4), Rowman and Littlefield / Lexington Books, Edited by Eric J. Montgomery, 2019.
- "Introduction and Conclusion" to Shackled Sentiments: Slaves, Spirits, and Memories in the African Diaspora. Rowman and Littlefield / Lexington Books, (contract signed), 2019.
- "Human Trafficking as a Global and Public Health Problem", (book chapter), Cambridge University Press, Edited by Izzeldin Abuelaish, Forthcoming, 2019.
- "Introduction and Conclusion," in Spirit Service in Global Vodu(n), (Chapter 10), Indiana University Press, Edited by Montgomery, Vannier, and Landry, contract signed; Forthcoming, 2019.
- "Human Trafficking in Africa", in Anthropology News, Association for Africanist Anthropology (AFAA), September 2018.
- "An Ethnography of Memorialization: The 1967 Detroit Rebellion (50 Years Later)" [Working Paper], submitted to Journal of Black Studies, Sept. 2018.
- Vodu(n) Matters, Africa, Part I. 11/29/2018. 116th Annual Meeting of the American Anthropological Association, Washington D.C.
- Vodou Matters, Haiti, Part II. 11/29/2018. 116th Annual Meetings
- 2018-19. Reviewer, ongoing role, with several journals in Anthropology: Religion and Society (Berghann), American Ethnologist, and Visual Anthropology.
- "My Poor People, Where are We Going? Grounded Theologies and National Identity in Kyrgyzstan." Europe-Asia Studies https://doi.org/10.1080/09668136.2019.1656167 (published online 2019)
- "Nation, Religion, and Theology: What Do We Mean When We Say 'Being Kyrgyz Means Being Muslim?'" Central Asian Affairs, 5:3, pp. 191-212 (2018).
- "Syria as a Geopolitical Tabula Rasa," Students Organizing for Syria Solidarity Week Lecture" Wayne State University. Detroit, MI (2018)
- "Islamophobic Geopolitics: The Idea of 'the West' and the Geographies of the Counter-Jihad Movement." AAG Annual Meeting, Washington, DC. (2019)
- Moderated panel on immigration at the 2019 Rotary Peace in the Streets Conference (Windsor, ON) (2019)
Barbara L. Jones
- Presentation on Restorative Practices in Conflict Resolution, Colorado Springs, CO, 2019.
- 6/14/19 - 6/16/19 Law and Policy Initiative: Planning for Advocacy committee member, National Association of Community and Restorative Justice Conference
- 7/13/19 - Facilitator/Presenter, Conflict Resolution WSU Global Health Alliance Retreat
- 8/12/19 - Keynote speaker, Conflict Resolution, Peace Education and Gun
- Violence Moms Demand Action (Everytown for Gun Safety- national organization)
- Barbara Jones, Committee member cultural development and curriculum team member - WSU Diversity and Inclusion, WSU Associate Provost of Diversity and Inclusion, Marquita Chamblee, 2015 to present
- Barbara Jones, Presenter, planning committee member, Intergenerational Trauma and Community Violence conference, State of Michigan
- Barbara Jones, Speaker and facilitator, WSU Graduate School and Medical School, Conflict Resolution, October 2018
- Barbara Jones, Speaker, Detroit Rotary with Ralph Bunche Summer Institute alumni students
- Barbara Jones, Speaker, Gun Violence Vigil Marygrove College, December 2018
- Barbara Jones, Speaker, Flip the Script program Goodwill Industries Detroit, January and March 2019
- Barbara Jones, Facilitator National Day of Healing, WSU, January 2019
- Barbara Jones, Keynote speaker, Detroit Women's Forum on Gun Violence and Conflict Resolution, February 2019
- Barbara Jones, Presenter/facilitator, WSU Graduate School, Cultural Sensitivity and Implicit Bias, March 2019
- Barbara Jones, Presenter, Sisterhood WSU, Dr. Erica Edwards, Overcoming Barriers of Community Violence, May 2019.
- Barbara Jones, Presenter, Inequalities and Racial Biases with Patients" WSU School of Medicine (cohort 1), May 2019 and Inequalities and Racial Biases with Patients; WSU School of Medicine (cohort 2), June 2019